It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:04 pm

Humbuckeroo 

Post Re: Humbuckeroo
Momentary Snag - Avoided

Well the 'Lil 59 has pole pieces so I'm ruling that one out cuz of string spacing issues, real or imagined, so my latest thought is the Seymour Hot Rails™ for Tele, Model STHR-1n with the EMG-PA-2 as noted by metalken.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/e ... ils_for_t/

metalken also noted: "I know (Being a tweeker myself) that you are already going to do this" - yeah. It'll still be only a few unsolder/resolders to get it back to "normal" if I feel the need.

I don't know any guitarists that have played for any length of time who haven't experimented with switching out pickups. Even our brethren and sisteren playing the traditional Stick have been known on occasion to switch pickups and it seems like a much easier proposition with the NS. Maybe because our community is relatively small we don't see so much of this "crazy" talk amongst ourselves. (Inverse Law Of Large Numbers) It seems like (after only a day or so of surfing and with the help of either interested or bored others here) that I was able to come up with a plan. Maybe I can set a trend. (I always wanted to do that. Somehow the shorts and sock garters never did catch on) We might see (hear) a little more variation in what each of us calls "My Sound" other than playing styles, effects and amps/speakers. Just an eleventh hour thought. Ooops, it's quite a bit past eleven.............

Thanks fer playin'

Rob "Less than 24 hours 'till arrival" Cathcart

And thanks again to Brett for cuttin' loose his NS!!

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:35 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

The Lil' 59 does have pole pieces,but the pickup is going to be angled and I bet you it will line up pretty good. Check out the pickup on Van Halens' old red and white plank. Ya know , the magnetic field is kind of an ovalish thing that encompasses the strings,it's not a strictly "up" deal.

BassLabs 10 string #5050
PASV4
baritone melody
Mesa Walk About bass amp
Mesa TA-15 amp

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:46 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Hi Rob,

After reading your outlandish post about the magnetic field being "kind of an ovalish thing" and saying to myself "HA!", I read up on the subject on the all knowing interweb and it appears I have been operating under the false assumption that pole piece/string alignment was more important than it is.

Hey, I'm just a drummer. I knew I shoulda never believed anything a guitarist told me.

So anyways...... Looks like the Lil' 59 is back in the running!!
Thanks, man!
Always better to have more options. (within reason of course)

Rob "Learnt my one thing for today" Cathcart

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:46 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery