It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 pm

It takes me awhile but... I eventually get there 

Post It takes me awhile but... I eventually get there
Excellent, I have had my head buried everywhere but here. What a delightful place. Ask a question and get answers 'right here' at the "happiest place, in Stick Cypber space"...

So, I figure tapping the NS/Stick is wonderful and uses about half the potential of the instrument. It is truly a 'fist full of fury' when it comes to delivery of 'pounding the notes and tapping them." Lately on the last couple tours I have used my "Carabiner " (normally used as a 'slide' for the Sticks) as a giant "wacking' tool to pound the bass notes out with. It's the "Wack-a-mole" of Stick notes. See the note ya want... wack it! It has wonderful raspy, growly tone when smacked down at the bridge.

When held between the first and second finger of the right hand, it provides great dexterity and 'ease' of action to hammer down, much like Tony's funk fingers... this could be
"Don's ......?? Slide Hammer.

Well, I'm up late... that's my thoughts for the evening. Chime in everyone.
Don

Wed May 28, 2008 10:49 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: It takes me awhile but... I eventually get there
DonSchiff wrote:
Excellent, I have had my head buried everywhere but here. What a delightful place. Ask a question and get answers 'right here' at the "happiest place, in Stick Cypber space"...

So, I figure tapping the NS/Stick is wonderful and uses about half the potential of the instrument. It is truly a 'fist full of fury' when it comes to delivery of 'pounding the notes and tapping them." Lately on the last couple tours I have used my "Carabiner " (normally used as a 'slide' for the Sticks) as a giant "wacking' tool to pound the bass notes out with. It's the "Wack-a-mole" of Stick notes. See the note ya want... wack it! It has wonderful raspy, growly tone when smacked down at the bridge.

When held between the first and second finger of the right hand, it provides great dexterity and 'ease' of action to hammer down, much like Tony's funk fingers... this could be

Well, I'm up late... that's my thoughts for the evening. Chime in everyone.
Don

Welcome to this forum Don ... or welcome back! So tell me ... any big dents on the NS's neck from your wacking? ;)

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Wed May 28, 2008 11:10 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hey Don,

It's taken me a long time to get used to all the other techniques you've shown me :shock:. Now you want me to whack on my NS/Stick? :o Man, will wonders never cease. ;)

Burnis

Thu May 29, 2008 5:42 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

DonSchiff wrote:

Don

yeah, Don's here!

How about "Don's Deep Fryer" or "Bear Claw..."

Thu May 29, 2008 9:28 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

HI everyone,

>How about "Don's Deep Fryer" or "Bear Claw..<
Greg I like the "Don's Bear Claw" My wife got me started on them a long time ago... Haven't stopped since.

Burnis! Great to hear from you. Yes, wack that Stick. The techniques keep on, keepin' on. It's gettin' to be out door grillin' time... who knows what bar-b-que utensil techniques we'll all come up with.

On another topic, I have been doing quite a bit of looping. It sure works great when I perform by myself, but add a drummer that at times can't hear the loop well.... Oy!!! the tune melt down happens pretty quick. "Have a joke handy!" I say.

My thought is to set up a click track out of the left output to give the drummer, and send a mono music signal out of the right output. In my 'solo' portion of the Rocket Scientists tours I use the MacRack to accomplish that. I was hoping that loopers in general would start to implement that in there pedals. I'm presently beta testing a looper for Line 6, we'll see what comes of it.

Coffee BREAK time! (outta donuts)
Don

Thu May 29, 2008 5:08 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I tried whacking my Stick, but noticed my eyesight was really starting to suffer, if you know what I mean.... OOOOPPS!! :o

Fri May 30, 2008 8:14 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hey Don,

Since I was last with you, I’ve upgraded my looper several times. At home, I’m now sporting the RC50. Effectively 3 loopers in one and it does have a built in programmable rhythm section that syncs up with the start of a loop. I don’t know if you heard but I’m over here in Iraq doing some work so had my NS shipped out here with me. Out here I’m using my Jamman and using the Line6 DL4 for minor effects. The Jamman at least has a built in click track if I need it. So what’s Line6 coming out with?

Burnis

Fri May 30, 2008 8:18 am

Hi Don,
Welcome, it's good to have you here. We needed another voice in the NS section. I hope the donuts are treating you well. :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/mychapmansticks
http://www.myspace.com/artistgodanddoctor

Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:34 pm

Good to see you here, Don.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:24 pm