It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:57 am

ISO- NS Stick 

Post ISO- NS Stick
I am looking to ;) purchase a used Stick, ultimately I would like a recently set up, well maintained instrument. The Carbon Fiber (?) Neck appeals to me most, but of course isn't a deal breaker.

Very excited, real inquiry, Expecting to get this done within a couple weeks, if serious.

I have been a Bass player for 23 years, and when I first heard about Emmet and the Chapman Stick/NS, I knew they were for me.

Thanks, hope to hear from someone selling shortly,

Michael

Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:34 am

Post Re: ISO- NS Stick
Thanks for the Responses, Awaiting my Delivery, Thanks to the Group and I will be Posting more as I enter into actually being a "Stickist" instead of just Dreaming about it.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:18 am
lol :D

I got a NS/Stick delivered today. Beautiful instruments and good fun to play. I had a StickBass for awhile way back but not at all the same thing. The StickBass felt strangely enough totally wrong for me even if I´m a bass player from start and familiar with the tuning. I don´t know why. Perhaps because I´ve played Stick for 25 years now and used to that tuning along with the Stick shape. A StickBass looks like a Stick but it is not a Stick. A NS/Stick doesn´t look like a Stick but has the same tuning as a StickBass and a regular bass guitar. I felt rather comfortable straight away with the NS/Stick and that was NOT the case with the StickBass. Strange thing. It seems I need the Stick tuning when playing something that looks like a Stick and if something looks like a bass I need it to be tuned like a bass even if it´s a tapping instrument..... I don´t know. But this feels right. The Stick will definately still be my main tapping instrument. But this is fun and I feel like I will use the NS/Stick alot.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:06 pm
By the way..... Have you ordered a Chapman Stick or a NS/Stick? Didn´t really understand that from your posts....

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:09 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

A place I searched on was Craigslist for a used NS/Stick.
I do a lot of business travel so I searched in the cities I was traveling to as well. Your profile doesn't say where you are located....

put the following into google search: NS/Stick site:craigslist.org
This will search for all NS/Sticks mentioned in all of craigslist.org nationwide.

You might find one in your area or in a area which would be a day trip. Or maybe a vacation destination. You can always approach them with a PayPal and shipping arrangement. I have done this before and comfortable with it but I know many people want to keep the dealing local and with cash.

I bought mine from a out of town craigslist post. It didn't work out at first but then the seller was making a trip to my area and was willing to bring it. To make sure another seller didn't swoop in before me I paid him half by paypal. Then the rest when he came up. He was so cool that he let me take it home before I even made the final payment to test it out. I made the final payment by Paypal as soon as I got home. I don't think anyone else would be that cool about payment so be ready to make full payment...

Happy hunting.

NS/Stick - Prototype #2
Started 11/24/2012

http://www.GreenElephantStudio.com
Now Selling - MOD DUO, Tech21, Ebtech, KMI, Earasers, IsoAcoustics

Subscribe to the NS/Stick YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NSSTICK

Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:02 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I just realized how old this post is...
Still... good info for those searching for an instrument.

Michael... did you get your NS/Stick?

NS/Stick - Prototype #2
Started 11/24/2012

http://www.GreenElephantStudio.com
Now Selling - MOD DUO, Tech21, Ebtech, KMI, Earasers, IsoAcoustics

Subscribe to the NS/Stick YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NSSTICK

Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:03 am
Profile My Photo Gallery