It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am

Gig Bag for NS/Stick 

Post Re: Gig Bag for NS/Stick
Augy wrote:
I have a gig bag that came with my Steinberger Synapse 5-string bass, just tried to fit the NS/Stick. It Fits! (no MIDI on mine).
Augy

I thought this would be the case. Unfortunately if proved to be very difficult to get hold of a Synapse bag without the Synapse -- I tried two online music stores who had them back ordered and then didn't get them in stock when they had predicted.
Ed (daHammer)

Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:04 pm

I noticed Don Schiff carries both a Chapman stick, and an NS in the same bag. it looked like a small electric guitar bag that was well padded. I thought it was Way Cool carrying 2! I forgot to pay attention how he separated the 2 inside the bag. Doh!.......... I'm going to Cabela's this weekend, and will snoop around the rifle case section. I have a feeling they'll be too small to fit the body but, worth a try. I'll post if I find something. I thought of this because My Drummer uses an SKB harshell "Golf" bag for his hardware. They make special ones for drums but cost about 3 times as much. Go figure.
Aug

Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:57 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

I just received a Steinberger Synapse bag from Musician's Friend. The case is just a bit too narrow at the bottom. I can just barely get it zipped. I'm a little afraid of scratching the body with the zipper. I'm letting set for a bit to see if stretches any.

Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:35 pm

While I wait for me NS I am researching gun cases as an alternative to the SE offerings. I've found both soft gig-bag types d ABS shelled hard cases that should fit - all met for carrying two rifles.

NS/Stick #130502
Guitar synths, looping
and the skin of my teeth.

Sun May 25, 2014 12:44 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Fluke wrote:
While I wait for me NS I am researching gun cases as an alternative to the SE offerings. I've found both soft gig-bag types d ABS shelled hard cases that should fit - all met for carrying two rifles.

I think that if you were walking through an airport you may get some unwanted attention...

I recently bought a guitar case from Gruv Gear on their kickstarter campaign. I should have it soon but from the specs they gave the NS should fit inside it.

I do have a case which was given to me but it's a converted bass case. The previous owner took a Musicman bass case (one that looks like a rifle case) and had it shortened at a shoe repair / Luggage repair shop. It works great but I'm hoping the Gruv Gear case gives me a little more padding in the butt section...

NS/Stick - Prototype #2
Started 11/24/2012

http://www.GreenElephantStudio.com
Now Selling - MOD DUO, Tech21, Ebtech, KMI, Earasers, IsoAcoustics

Subscribe to the NS/Stick YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NSSTICK

Sun May 25, 2014 8:11 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

I checked out their new gig bag, looks great! Yessss, please let us know if the guitar version is big enough for the NS (you did not order the bass version, correct?)!

Wed May 28, 2014 5:03 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

evil1603 wrote:
I checked out their new gig bag, looks great! Yessss, please let us know if the guitar version is big enough for the NS (you did not order the bass version, correct?)!

Yes. I ordered the Guitar Version.

I will report back when I have it. The delivery is said to be in July/August timeframe. I hope in July so that I can take it with me to Free Hands Academy in August...

NS/Stick - Prototype #2
Started 11/24/2012

Thu May 29, 2014 6:33 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

evil1603 wrote:

Hmm...
Smart but still designed to be carried with all the weight on one shoulder, instead of the ergonomically preferable weight distributed equally across both shoulders.
So it's no for me.

NS/Stick #130502
Guitar synths, looping
and the skin of my teeth.

Thu May 29, 2014 11:05 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Fluke wrote:

Hmm...
Smart but still designed to be carried with all the weight on one shoulder, instead of the ergonomically preferable weight distributed equally across both shoulders.
So it's no for me.

The main innovation is the side carrying but it has the option to carry it like a backpack as well. Here is the link to the kickstarter page that shows this. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gruvgear/gigblade-a-revolutionary-side-carry-hybrid-guitar

Of course we can always buy the soft case from SE. I've seen it and it's a nice case.

NS/Stick - Prototype #2
Started 11/24/2012

Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:51 am
Profile My Photo Gallery