It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 am

Gig Bag for NS/Stick 

Post Gig Bag for NS/Stick
Hi,
My NS/Stick was finally delivered. I'm in the deep throes of learning and trying to apply what I (think) I know from other instruments to the NS/Stick. Meanwhile I'm already wondering what I will carry it in when I go to a rehearsal with my group. The Anvil case which I bought with the NS is really serious overkill for knocking around town (NYC) in a taxi. I have a somewhat limp bass guitar gig bag that I can use but I wonder about the NS/Stick's safety from knocks and bangs. Any NS/Stickists out there with relevant experience or suggestions?

Ed

Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:57 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Gig Bag for NS/Stick
SE makes a Stick gig bag ... perhaps this would work for the NS?

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:22 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

The SE soft gig bag would be too narrow for the NS, but I would think you'd have good luck with any quality bass gig bag (I had an NS for a few years but no soft case), maybe even one designed for Steinberger (headless) basses. Probably worth visiting a music store and trying a few out, the thing you'd want to make sure of is the metal strap extension fitting properly.

Rosewood Grand Stick #7025 - Mirrored 4ths 5+7
Paduak Grand Stick #5197 - Mirrored 4ths 6+6

Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:39 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Actually thinking about the plastic strap extension ... I would be afraid of it getting snapped off in a gig bag. Perhaps this is why SE doesn't offer a gig bag for the NS? ... I think you'd be better off keeping the NS in the nice safe metal case! ... I do ... love the safety it offers.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:31 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

I believe Darrell Havard uses a gig bag for his NS, although I won't use anything but the anvil case

Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:24 pm

Thanks for all the helpful replies. Basically I need something reasonably strong for more or less door to door trips by taxi. I have seen some "semi" hard cases made by Gator, I believe, that are much lighter than the Anvil (which is very appropriately named). I'll try to check one of these out before reaching a final decision.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:02 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

88persuader wrote:
Actually thinking about the plastic strap extension ... I would be afraid of it getting snapped off in a gig bag. Perhaps this is why SE doesn't offer a gig bag for the NS? ... I think you'd be better off keeping the NS in the nice safe metal case! ... I do ... love the safety it offers.

Hi Ray,

Just so you know, the strap extension bar is 1/4" thick aluminum (not plastic) so I wouldn't worry about it breaking off. A gig bag should be fine.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:06 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

greg wrote:
Hi Ray,

Just so you know, the strap extension bar is 1/4" thick aluminum (not plastic) so I wouldn't worry about it breaking off. A gig bag should be fine.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the clarification. You've set my mind at ease so I'll go with a gig bag.

Ed

Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:19 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

greg wrote:
88persuader wrote:

Hi Ray,

Ah I see ... thought it was plastic ... my bad! :oops:

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:57 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Just to follow-up.

If any of you find one that you think works particularly well, please let us know about it.

Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:27 am
Profile My Photo Gallery