It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:05 am

Gig Bag for NS/Stick 

Post Re: Gig Bag for NS/Stick
greg wrote:
Just to follow-up.

If any of you find one that you think works particularly well, please let us know about it.

I'm thinking the Steinberger Synapse Bass gigbag might be a good solution. The Synapse is also a headless design, has a form factor similar to the NS/Stick , and also has a variation on the NS/Stick's strap extension, so it should be a good fit. I'll report the results when I have them.

Ed

Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:32 pm

greg wrote:
Just to follow-up.

If any of you find one that you think works particularly well, please let us know about it.

Update: I've ordered the Steinberger Synapse Bass gig bag but it's backordered, so I'll report the outcome in a couple of weeks when I receive it.

Ed

Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:33 am

My favorite gig bag is "incase slim-bag".
http://www.goincase.com/products/detail ... -cl56063/7

It's just size for NS/Stick !

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:00 pm

Yeah, I use an old bass gig bag for my Grand and an old Danelectro bag for my NS. Basically, I've just been too cheap to purchase any SE bags for my instruments- especially after I have a coupla bags laying around the house anyway. I like the extra space I get in the bass gig bag with the Grand in it.... space for fake books and pedals and the like.

For the NS, the only thing I would be mindful of is making sure the strap arm doesn't get banged around much. The screws will start backing out if it does. I only use my gig bags for hop-in-the-car type gigs. I use my hardshells for tours and flights.

Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:13 pm

I have A Steinberger Synapse 5-string bass that came with a gig bag. I just tried to put the NS in the bag, and it fits nicely. (no Midi on this axe yet, and that may make a difference)

Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:10 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Greg corrected me when I thought the strap arm was plastic, it's not it's metal, however I'd still be a little afraid of transporting my NS Stick in a gig bag. Well ... I don't like transporting ANY expensive piece of equipment in a gig bag. But the NS Stick has that arm hanging out in the open and I feel it warrants the extra protection you get from the hard case. If the arm took a bang and got bent or broken I'm sure SE would sell (or send) you a replacement but it could also do damage to the screws and the body where it's connected.

But again "I" wouldn't put anything costing over $300 in a gig bag and the NS Stick cost a few grand and takes many month of waiting to replace. And IMO all gig bags really protect is the finish. ........ Of course this is ALL just my opinion ... take it for what it's worth.

With my opinion and $1 you can buy a cup of coffee! ;)

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:21 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

I started this thread so I guess I should weigh in. I tried unsuccessfully to get a Steinberger bass bag for my NS/Stick. No one seems to have them in stock, and the main internet sellers keep posting later and later delivery dates so I gave up.

I'm using a bass guitar bag and it's okay for what I do although a bit too large and loose. I wouldn't want my instrument rumbling around in the trunk of a car or the back of a van in this kind of bag, but for those like me who live in a big city and usually get around by taxi, with the bass riding next to you in the back, there's no more cause for concern than there is for yourself (?!)

Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:39 am
Contributor
Contributor

Ed and Eric,

I was successful just using a standard guitar gig bag (not bass). It fit the instrument just right. The big issue I had (with this particular case at least) was that the walls were too thin for my comfort. I have since purchased a new electric guitar gigbag, this one does not fit as snugly as the previous case, but it has much more cushioning in it.

The Incase bag that had been listed previously looks perfect for the NS. Alas, it is currently not available.

Take care,

Paul

Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:22 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Thanks Paul. I think I will go for a guitar bag. I had considered this solution realized I'd best try out the fit at a guitar shop rather than ordering on line.

Regards,
Ed

Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:36 pm

I Wonder if there is a rifle case that would fit? I saw some soft cases at the gunshow this weekend that looked like they might work. Wouldn't THAT be fun taking it through TSA as a Carry-on! (No Really! it's a Musical instrument!)

Last edited by Augy on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:03 am