It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:30 am

NS Bliss 

Post NS Bliss
Well, I've had my NS for something like 2 years now. Back home in MS, I used it quite a bit on freelance gigs, both as a bass and as a Stick with bands. After I moved to TX last year, I stopped playing it as much and considered selling it. Well, after a good restringing and tweaking the action and truss rod(thanks Bill Lee for pointing that out), I started falling in love with it again and it started sneaking into gigs again. After growing tired of playing so many covers, I started playing originals again, and it just so happened a lot of my originals are on the NS.

Anyway, I just got back from a two week long "Granny Tour" in MS and AL visiting family before school starts back. I usually take my Grand on such trips, but this time I decided to take the NS and get some quality time in on it. I can't get over how fun the NS is to just sit down and play! You can tap it, slap it, strum it, pick it..... Plus it's a lot more fun to just sit around in a reclining position and play, ie..on the couch in front of the tube.

Well, I just thought I'd share. Also, this ought to be my first post announcing that I plan on recording an album of originals soon and if things keep going the way they are, it's looking like it's going to be a mostly NS album.

Thanks for your time everyone

D

Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:39 pm

Post Re: NS Bliss
I'm about to restring mine as well, it's been about 6 months since strings went on it and the low ends are getting a little dead, but man, there is never a dull moment with it.

Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:54 pm

Hi!

NS/Stick is sure a bliss to play:)
I´ve been using mine in periods for about 8 years now.
I´m too restless to stick with one instrument, but recently I used it in a "Storytelling-concert" with just the NS/Stick and a voice. I loved it!!
Coming from the "bass-world" I especially like the possibility to put a capo on, and still have some open strings to use. The possibilities and sounds are endless......

Nice to be here.
Looking forward to meet and talk to Stickists around daGlobe:)

Regards,
Bengan,
Sweden

Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:05 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hej Bengan!

Good to have you here!

Cheers,
Andy