It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:26 am

Light Bamboo Neck? 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Light Bamboo Neck?
I'm ready to order my NS Stick but I noticed something odd that I'm really hoping is an error....
I'm ordering a a natural maple body and I really want a light bamboo neck but that doesn't seem to be a choice on the order form. I definately do not want the dark bamboo.
I just checked every other Stick model and every single one is availble in light bamboo. Unless this is an error, I can't imagine why in the world the NS neck wouldn't also be available in light bamboo just like every other stick model....

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

10 string Nickle Plasma Railboard #6974 MR tuning.

http://www.randomfaktor.com

Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:53 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Re: Light Bamboo Neck?
My guess is that it's an aesthetic choice? I'll bet if you give Stick Enterprises a ring, they might be willing to swap in a light bamboo neck (though it may take longer to make if they have to set that up custom for the next production run). When I ordered my Stick, they were just starting to do the colors. I asked if they could do blue, even though it wasn't one of the available options, and they made a custom color for me without any extra charge. :mrgreen:

Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:32 am
Contributor
Contributor

Nope.... big disspointment... I spoke to Cambria this afternoon and she said no choices other than dark bamboo or wenge for the NS neck. Not only that, but they are no longer dying wood on ANY sticks :cry: . It's only the natural hardwood from now on.

My two choices were;

1) Natural maple body with light bamboo neck
2) Dyed yellow body with dyed black bamboo neck.

.... Can't get either one... ... She explained that the dye on a fingerbord would wear and possible chip over time and that's why it's no longer available............ Quite the bummer..... :oops:

I just don't care for the light brown/beige color on the bamboo.... The dyed yellow one in the hot shots gallery looks awesome..... what a tease.....

Nomad Monday wrote:
My guess is that it's an aesthetic choice? I'll bet if you give Stick Enterprises a ring, they might be willing to swap in a light bamboo neck (though it may take longer to make if they have to set that up custom for the next production run). When I ordered my Stick, they were just starting to do the colors. I asked if they could do blue, even though it wasn't one of the available options, and they made a custom color for me without any extra charge. :mrgreen:

10 string Nickle Plasma Railboard #6974 MR tuning.

http://www.randomfaktor.com

Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:47 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

For a couple years now the only choices for NS/Stick necks have been wenge and dark bamboo.

You can still get all the colors on the NS bodies, but for the Sticks, SG12s etc the dyes have been discontinued. Also, light bamboo is no longer an option. If you want a really "blonde" instrument, the maple or ash are great ways to go.

The web site is now updated to that effect.

Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:20 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

greg wrote:
for the Sticks, SG12s etc the dyes have been discontinued.

:( aw man

Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:18 am
Profile My Photo Gallery