It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:10 pm

....is arriving!!!!! 

Post ....is arriving!!!!!
Hi,
a new NS is arriving at my home.....
so I'd like to know what is the best way to amplify it (I have an Italian SR jam150 plus and I'm thinkin' of buying a sr400..... more power!!!)
what are you using?
effects?
sometimes I'd like to have a fretless-like (mellow, with a sweet attack) sound on the bass side...... so?!?
what can I do?
thankyou
moanio

Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:13 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: ....is arriving!!!!!
moanio wrote:
Hi,
a new NS is arriving at my home.....
so I'd like to know what is the best way to amplify it (I have an Italian SR jam150 plus and I'm thinkin' of buying a sr400..... more power!!!)
what are you using?
effects?
sometimes I'd like to have a fretless-like (mellow, with a sweet attack) sound on the bass side...... so?!?
what can I do?
thankyou
moanio

1st Congrats!! 2nd ... amps and effects are very personal and depend the role you'll play with the instrument. If you're a bass player you'll want the support of a bass amp but you'll also probably want a guitar amp or PA speaker amp combo with effects for the melody strings when you play stereo. The NS is so much more then a bass. You'll need to really decide for yourself.

For me ....... I've been using it in a band mainly as a bass but prefer playing it through a powered PA speaker and effects to bring out the full range rather then just bass. I also play my Grand Stick through the same set up. So again if you're playing bass in a band you'll probably need to support it with a bass amp but for stereo playing consider adding a guitar amp as well.

Have fun ... NS Sticks and traditional Sticks are awesome!!

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:13 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Post Re: ....is arriving!!!!!
I use a Boss GT-6B on the melody side(when in stereo) and a Zoom 506 on the bass side(for mono) since neither have stereo input or are capable of separate effects.

Amps are a matter of choice and I have 3 different amps. One is a cheap bass amp that has a great sound, a Hartke 3500 combo and a Peavey Mark III. They all have their own unique sound, and I use all 3, but in different venues and practice.

Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:51 pm