It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm

Emmett,,,,Not stated enough 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Emmett,,,,Not stated enough
Public shout out and credit to Emmett Chapman for his unique technique discoveries, the instrument he invented and his full throttled dedication to his concepts. The Chapman Stick is an amazing sonic tool and revolutionary on so many levels. A big thank you to Emmett for his creative thinking and perseverance.

Steve Adelson

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:09 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Emmett,,,,Not stated enough
yo ho ho and a railboard full of (12) strings

#7159, Grand Railboard,Plum,
RMR tuning, MIDI melody.
Manufactured Dec. 2018

#2001,10 strings Shedua, MR tuning
Stickup, Fretrails
Manufactured March 2002

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqqNYL ... JdyVB5aBZQ

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:15 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

an amazing thing, this Stick... a pleasure to wield...

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:40 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Yes indeed, Emmett, thank you for making this wonderful world even more amazing and beautiful with your musical gifts and incredible, imaginative innovations!

You Emmett, as well as your family and crew, are an inspiration to us all.

Thank you!

Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:33 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Well said Steve. Emmett has changed my life and gave me musical hope when I was at a dead end. No words can thank him enough, and also to Yuta for all her hard work and sacrifice.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:57 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

I can hardly wait to take possession new Stick. I bought one, a 10 string purple heart, fell on hard times and was forced to sell. Now, some 20 years later, I am going to jump on board again.

You see, I have struggled with addiction, bipolar, and genuine lack of self acceptance my whole adult life. Today, through meditation, music, and writing I am getting better and better and will continue my journey wearing a bamboo grand (classic high bass 4th tuning).

Emmett, you may have saved my life. I was thinking of causing my own departure from this life when I suddenly one day was struck by an inspiring memory from the past: how wonderful it felt to feel my hands on the fingerboard (better yet, handboard as per Greg H), sliding along the strings. I am so grateful today and am committing myself to many years of tapping .

Alberto
Bamboo Grand #6865

Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:09 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Good luck Alberto. Music and specifically The Stick can be rewarding, inspiring, gratifying even frustrating. But like life itself, perseverance and commitment lead to positive growth. Study and enjoy the sonic accomplishments that will be in your future

Steve A

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:11 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Alberto, that sounds like my trip. (Stick around long enough to hear your story) My role back to the Stick (I've owned one since '85) is two-fold: to get my music out to the world, and to bring attention to the instrument and the man (everywhere except here I say CHAPMAN STICK) But if I never do anything else except play it in my room that's O.K. because the Chapman Stick saved my soul.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:52 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

A public shout-out gets an echo in return. We all live atop our Alpine pinnacles indulging in a musical language to suit each soul. I need to shout a little louder but today I'm passive, just thankful for thoughtful sentiments coming my way.

I have the privilege of making and marketing a recreational product, an instrument of emotion (and beyond). Unlike a golf course or even a ping pong table, only one square foot of space is required to express yourself to the world.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:33 pm

I like the kingdom of 5ths, perhaps most displayed on Emmet's rendition of Brazil.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:17 am