It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 am

New Used Stick!!!!! 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: New Used Stick!!!!!
spoke to Yuta today. Turns out the Zebra had more issues than I thought. New Stickup, New brass nut /bridge screws, refinishing, some fret work, new damper, new twist lock for strap. Emmett noticed a slight "wave" in the board which he will fix, and resetup for MR tuning. Yuta said it will come back to me like a new instrument, and I have no doubt that it will. I would love to see Emmett do his magic. Someone should record a refurbishing by Emmett and post it on You tube. Thanks SE!!!!

Mon May 18, 2009 6:19 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

You're going to love it, Jim. What gets me is that all the extra work that Emmett does would probably cost a fortune in the hands of a luthier or a guitar tech. Emmett does all these little things that add up to make a huge difference in the way your instrument feels and sounds. For Emmett, this is simply his way of bringing his older instruments "up to code", if you will. I call that integrity and pride in your work.

http://www.heartstringslive.com
http://www.youtube.com/tapper1472

"With one note you can shatter a thousand notes" - Carlos Santana

Tue May 19, 2009 7:42 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Update: Stick should be done in a couple days. Emmett said the had to remove half of the fret rods and replace with new ones. ???? I didn't think they were bad, but ok, I trust SE. Whatever Emmett feels needs to be done, I am okay with. Getting anxious to start playing again. I will post some pics when it comes back.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:34 am
Profile My Photo Gallery