It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next
 Whoa, Boris Bazurov! "Out" is what it's all about. 

I saw Boris Bazurov for the first time on youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oagyAg9v6c - I naturally recomend to check it. I found this video very interesting, and I decided to check all the videos of this composer, and today I listen with reasonable frequency. There´s another stick player that uses the thumbs this way? I want to learn Stick using this ten-fingers-technique (I haven´t found the exercises to pratice, anyone on this?). If Boris see this message, do provide classes? Even remotely? I´m in Brazil and I haven´t found any stick teacher here.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:41 pm

Post Re: Whoa, Boris Bazurov! "Out" is what it's all about.
First of all, let me thanks a thousand time to Emmett and Greg and to all members of discussion for comments on this topic! I can assure I'm most grateful for it and for any opinions and glad to presents here audio trailer of upcomming live solo CD album:

My deep gratitude to all again!

Boris Bazurov

Last edited by borisbazurov on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:29 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

borisbazurov wrote:
First of all, let me thanks a thousand time to Emmett and Greg and to all members of discussion for comments on this topic! I can assure I'm most grateful for it and for any opinions and glad to presents here audio trailer of upcomming live solo CD album:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL9_ruojs74[/youtube]

My deep gratitude to all again!

Boris Bazurov

If boris ever ends up at a stick night on this side of the pond... I'm There ! :-)

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:09 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL FRIENDS!!
I have borrowed Greg's traditional wish for the name of this clip. Hope that this celebratory congratulation (on the Caribbean rum)) won't be perceived too seriously!!! =)))

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRjRsIo4Qn4[/youtube]

Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:43 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Fan-ta-stick, Boris,

Love the sounds, the groove and the fun-loving spirit of it all. Tappy New Year to you.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:29 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Ah, Captain Morgan spiced rum, I put that s#*^ on everything.......
:ugeek:

Great piece Boris, thanks for sharing.

Kev

Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:46 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Great New Year's spirit, Boris, many thanks. Glad you waited until the end of your performance to down that second shot of rum. Also enjoyed your "Autohtonica" CD trailer with a collage of (ab)original songs, one haunting mood fading into another.

Every time I think I have a handle on analyzing the elements of your performances (and they cover vast terrain), I end up relegated to Neptune, planet of mystery and illusion, probably just the place you had in mind for me. I'm once again reduced to passive inspiration as in my early prog jazz listening days, swimming in the unknown and loving it of course, because I seem always to crave the unknown.

We have great talents on The Stick these days, coming from the planets of love, war and discipline. Yours bursts through all barriers, from the planet Uranus no doubt. So for me in particular, "outside" is very much what it's all about, as long as it remains somewhere within the solar system, of course.

A great year ahead for us. Best, Emmett.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:25 am

Dear Emmett, dear Greg!

Always it is infinately happy to see Your comments!
My English is far from perfect, but I try to be with you on one wave - a music wave as universal language of our world.
Chapman Stick is the present space tool for travel to time and the Universe - on a dark side of the Earth or orange Mars, to sensual Venus or a cold Pluton. Our strings it is platinum binding threads of world culture. They are stronger than all power of a boastful policy and military potentials, all-consuming bank self-interest, lie of modern glamour.
I thank You for Your activity, opening to musicians of the whole world wide creative possibilities and giving pleasure of creation of the real music!!

Best regards to You in New Year!!

Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:32 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Thanks Boris. You made me smile on an otherwise grouchy day :D

Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:33 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Per Boysen wrote:
Has anyone of you on this board tried a Stick with a Bose system?

Ask Youenn Landreau. He plays with such a system.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:07 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next