It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Greg's new Instructional DVD Now Available 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Greg's new Instructional DVD Now Available
mike kemp wrote:
Well, I have had Greg's new DVD for a few weeks now. I enjoy it very much. It came at a great time too, since the upstate New York seminar was postponed. Now I have Bob's on vhs, Steve's on dvd and finally Greg's. Each has been very helpful in different ways. Obviously, technology has helped make Greg's the most impressive looking. I hope you all get a chance to see this extremely valuable teaching tool.

Now that I have it memorized, mine will be for sale at a reduced rate!!!(Just kidding, Greg) :P

Mike
Hi Mike, I'm glad it works for you. Lots of people are getting to spend time with it, and reviews from newbies and experienced players are coming in:

http://www.facebook.com/stickist

I'm fortunate to have learned how to use all of the graphic and video editing software myself so that I don't have to rely on others to create and present the content. I believe this helps me to be really clear in how the ideas come across, but only time will tell.

Basic Free Hands Technique is just a starting point, so any feedback from you folks will help craft the presentation of future material. Please let me know what you'd like to see next, and I'll see what I can do.

Also, it's in-stock at amazon if you want to get it from there:
http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Technique-Learning-Chapman-Bottom/dp/B006OCGB2E/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1326977707&sr=8-15

Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:56 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

greg wrote:
Basic Free Hands Technique is just a starting point, so any feedback from you folks will help craft the presentation of future material. Please let me know what you'd like to see next, and I'll see what I can do.

How about something like your songbook done on DVD, complete with those pretty charts and diagrams and the tunes broken down into newbie-friendly baby steps? :P

Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:50 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

The next challenge for you Greg would be to integrate the first book, the DVD and the songbook in an encyclopedic multimedia experience like the newly released ibook 2 format ;-)

Cheers, Daniel.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:43 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

arsacane wrote:
The next challenge for you Greg would be to integrate the first book, the DVD and the songbook in an encyclopedic multimedia experience like the newly released ibook 2 format ;-)

Cheers, Daniel.
Hi Daniel,

I'm definitely behind on evolutions of the various content formats. I finally put out a DVD and there's a whole new generation of media options.

One thing I'd like to do is get the DVD material posted as individual lessons on a paid download site of some kind. Do any of you have experiences using something like this, positive and negative, you'd like to relate?

Thanks in advance.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:28 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Hi Everyone,

I had a couple of requests for a combo deal with the Songbook, and it sounded good to me, so if you order the DVD and Songbook both I'll take $8 off the shipping cost. You can't use the automated PayPal links to do this, so it would be:

with US shipping = $67
with Canada shipping = $70
to all other countries = $80

Interested parties should not PM me, but please send an email to stickist@aol.com. Please make sure you specify which version of the book you want, Baritone Melody or Matched Reciprocal.

Thanks again for all the interest in my Free Hands educational materials.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:00 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Ordered! Looking forward to exploring your techniques in more detail. Thanks Greg.

Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:52 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

rob5280 wrote:
Ordered! Looking forward to exploring your techniques in more detail. Thanks Greg.
Thanks for ordering it, Rob. I look forward to hearing what you think about the way the graphics are done (and of course, what you think of the lessons ;) )

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:08 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hi Greg,

I took some time to watch and listen your DVD I received some days ago, and it's fantastic. I've know to spend more time with my instrument in front of my computer/TV.
Although I've been part of your teachings a few years ago and remember these moments quite well, I especially like the way the main ideas are written of the side of the screen. For me who have a perfectible english language and from time to time some difficulties to understand what english/american people are saying, it's an incredible tool to understand all the ideas contained in a sentence. Great idea!

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:28 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

grozoeil wrote:
Hi Greg,

I took some time to watch and listen your DVD I received some days ago, and it's fantastic. I've know to spend more time with my instrument in front of my computer/TV.
Although I've been part of your teachings a few years ago and remember these moments quite well, I especially like the way the main ideas are written of the side of the screen. For me who have a perfectible english language and from time to time some difficulties to understand what english/american people are saying, it's an incredible tool to understand all the ideas contained in a sentence. Great idea!
Thanks, Bruno I'm glad you like it so much. I hope it helps reinforce all the concepts we have talked about before.

For a press run this small, it wasn't practical to try to make subtitles, so I thought the English text would be the next best thing. Your reaction is what I was hoping for. Perhaps for a future project I will find some way to get subtitles in a few languages, especially French, Italian, Spanish and Japanese...

Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:02 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I have gotten some great comments from players about the DVD here, on FaceBook and via personal emails. I'm really glad it's working so well for you folks. Amazon is moving quite a few as well. Thanks so much for the interest and supportive comments. You'll find some here:

http://www.greghoward.com/free_hands/dvd/

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:45 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next