It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm

Dual bass reciprocal 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Dual bass reciprocal
Jameslord wrote:
Well I did it - and it turned out to be very straightforward thanks to your help and Emmet's very logical design. It is actually a lot easier to set the intonation on a stick than it is on a Strat!

First impressions are that a 10strGrand in DBR is 'exactly' what I wanted a Stick to be. :-)

Glad it worked out and that you were able to take advantage of The Stick's fully adjustable hardware. Don't forget to tweak the Flaps as well.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:10 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Dual bass reciprocal
I did the DBR switch on my old 10 string and it was relatively easy, the action feels OK but I'm not so happy with the intonation :( I used my boss tuner and I arranged the saddles to get a the right note on the 3rd or 4th fret and an octave higher but it doesn't sound right with chords. The open chords on the 5ths side are OK but the closed triads on the 4ths do not feel right.
Any suggestions besides buying a strobe tuner?

Cheers, Daniel.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:06 pm