It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm

It's here! 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: It's here!
Hi Voices,

Welcome to the "Cool kids" table. :D

Don't listen to the hype...I run my NSSTICK in mono 90% of the time. This is probably because I lean more toward the bassist side of things than the sticky side of things and for me its all or nothing usually. I'm either going to run some effects on the whole damn thing are not at all.

I hope that your new instrument will be the same source of enjoyment, wonder, inspiration, and healthy frustration as mine has been for me.

There is something magical about embarking on an instrument that has probably only been truly mastered by...uhhh...maybe Don Schiff. That means that there is lots of room for the rest of us to help shape and define what this thing will be...its own ground...neither bass, nor guitar, nor stick...but its own thing. A beautiful thing.

And you are now part of it.

There are lots of great people on here that will help point you in whatever direction you want to go...stick with it and good luck. Glad to have you here.

Dr. Froth

Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:32 pm

Thank you, good Dr.

I'll never be Don Schiff and I won't reach your heights either but actually your videos have been a major inspiration as it is within a metal/hard rock band situation that I hope to exploit this thing, eventually.

Of course, I am at a very early stage with thinking about setups. I do find having the melody and bass output separately gives a much richer tone at a given pickup volume (which is generally cranked) compared with combining them.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:38 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Voices wrote:
Of course, I am at a very early stage with thinking about setups. I do find having the melody and bass output separately gives a much richer tone at a given pickup volume (which is generally cranked) compared with combining them.

Please do make a thread in the Equipment section when you are ready to discuss setups. :twisted:

Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:57 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

that is some bizarro/cool woodgrain. CONGRATS on the beginning of your journey

Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:05 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Don't know how I missed this thread--that's a beautiful woodgrain and finish on that NS! Congrats!

8-)

http://www.facebook.com/qualitytimejazz

Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:59 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Thanks! I like it a lot.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:40 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Very Beautiful! Sorry for my late entry... I've been away from Stickist for over 2 months...

I play with separate outputs because of the things I do... I approach the NS like two instruments so I need the separate outputs.
If your approach is to use the instrument like one instrument then mono will be the easiest. BUT... Don plays the instrument, most of the time, like one instrument but uses separate outs because he likes different eq and compression settings for each side. but he does sometimes go mono to be simple and uses a Hughes and Kettner tube drive pedal and gets really phat tone...

BUT... I do have some plans for that... and when I get to it my plan to compensate for the volume drop is to have a different patch on my pedal.
I recently played a couple tunes for some people with no effects, just dry, pure NS/Stick and sounded great. But when I play through the "acoustic body-res" in my TC-Helicon Voicelive 3 Extreme it sounds really wonderful. (By the way TC-Electronic put out a single pedal called BodyRez) I will have to change my switch to send mono signal out the melody side for this to work on my since I use my TC for melody side...

NS/Stick - Prototype #2
Started 11/24/2012

http://www.GreenElephantStudio.com
Now Selling - MOD DUO, Tech21, Ebtech, KMI, Earasers, IsoAcoustics

Subscribe to the NS/Stick YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NSSTICK

Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:02 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

VERY nice!

Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:52 pm