It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:58 pm

Sunday means a new Stick tune "Mjolnir" 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Sunday means a new Stick tune "Mjolnir"
Anyone heard of Jack Kirby? He was like, the BEST comic book artist ever in my humble opinion... Everything was wild and crazy, every panel stuffed with cosmic radiation, flying bullets, epic epic-ness...

Anyways, I was listening to a lot of stuff this weekend (MAJOR Hendrix binge, lemme tell ya...)
Hendrix, Bach, Miles Davis, Alicia Keys, Dream Theater and so I thought I would try and create this tune for y'all.

It was recorded in 8 measure 'chunks' but pretty much all of it was played in real time, there is literally just a drum track, a bass side track, a melody side track, and an 'overdub' track. It was a lot of fun to create, and I hope y'all dig it.

Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:39 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post Re: Sunday means a new Stick tune "Mjolnir"
THanks for the post Scott. This certainly brought some super comics action to mind as I closed my eyes and listened. Maybe too busy for a background sound track, but perfect for the rolling credits of a film! Lately I have been thinking of a way to bring Wendy Pini's art to life in a musical way. Not because she asked me, but rather because it is inspiring to me.(and has been since the early 1990's)

Keep 'em coming.

Mike

Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:47 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

This tells you more about my ears than your playing, but that's the coolest thing i've heard from you yet!

Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:25 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Hey! Thanks for checking it out. It's just a sketch, far from complete and in definite need of refinement. It's fun to see what I can do as my capabilities increase. As I head into the next practice cycle, this was good to create for a bit of fun.

Android, thanks. Heck if someone can just listen to my stuff and gets a laugh out of it, that is cool!

Mike, I am a big Jack Kirby fan. That guy was awesome! I wish comics were drawn more like that still... Wendy Pini... that was, ummm Elfquest, right? Cool stuff.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:55 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Excellent music, Scott! Lots of multi-tracking goodness happening here. The deep crunchy low parts were my favorites. The change around the 2-minute mark had lots of energy and was another good part.

By the way, your instrumental song Weeds came up immediately after and auto-played. That's another fricking awesome song! I love the Bachy-classical feel of it and the dark feel, like Night on Bald Mountain kind of stuff. Off topic, so sorry.

I saw Doctor Strange and thought that the movie really lived up to Ditko's vision! Lots of good fractal special effects as well!

I love where your music is going lately, Scott! Keep it up!

Rosewood 10-string, #5989, M4s
Sapphire Railboard, #6763, MR
Wenge-on-Wenge NS/Stick, #170130, Bass 4ths
http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-RDlN ... Ez0hN49_Qg

Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:58 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Jayesskerr wrote:
far from complete and in definite need of refinement.

NOOOO! Leave it alone! Like a painting, sometimes you gotta say, "It's done." NO MORE COLORS

Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:24 am
Profile My Photo Gallery