Resident Contributor

Post www.japhletba.com
Also new music at
http://www.myspace.com/japhletba

Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:31 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: www.japhletba.com
Very nice playing. Which ones are the new ones? Are some of them with your new preamp?

-Eric

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:17 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Well, headphones hadn't been up in a while. Its mostly samples I have made.
And Canzone was recorded with the preamp. Its bassy though. I will fix that next trip to the studio. I get carried away, and it sounds so good in there...
Thanks for looking Eric!
-JBA

Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:15 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

JaphletBA wrote:
Well, headphones hadn't been up in a while. Its mostly samples I have made.
And Canzone was recorded with the preamp. Its bassy though. I will fix that next trip to the studio. I get carried away, and it sounds so good in there...
Thanks for looking Eric!
-JBA

Nice site and great playing as always!!

Hey I have a "myspace" question if you don't mind. When you put songs on myspace can they be downloaded for free or are they protected from that? I'm thinking of making a myspace page and putting original music on line however I may want the option to sell CD's in the future as well. Obviously I don't want to put whole songs on line if they can be had for free but would love to put complete pieces on line if they can't be downloaded without permission. Do you have any advice you can share?

Thanks
Ray

BTW I really love your version of the Yes tune ... I'm a Yes (and Gentle Giant) fan from WAY BACK! ;)

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:46 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

88persuader wrote:

Hey I have a "myspace" question if you don't mind. When you put songs on myspace can they be downloaded for free or are they protected from that? I'm thinking of making a myspace page and putting original music on line however I may want the option to sell CD's in the future as well. Obviously I don't want to put whole songs on line if they can be had for free but would love to put complete pieces on line if they can't be downloaded without permission. Do you have any advice you can share?

Thanks
Ray

BTW I really love your version of the Yes tune ... I'm a Yes (and Gentle Giant) fan from WAY BACK! ;)

Hoping that your question is directed at all of us and not just Japhlet, here goes...

You can allow downloads or not when you put tracks up online.
But basically, anyone with basic knowledge of audio and video software can copy and distribute whatever they find online with little risk of prosecution or being sued.

Find yourself a fan base that's willing to support you and direct your efforts their way. You may have to give some things away in the process. That's okay.

Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:57 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

greg wrote:
88persuader wrote:

Thanks
Ray

Hoping that your question is directed at all of us and not just Japhlet, here goes...

You can allow downloads or not when you put tracks up online.
But basically, anyone with basic knowledge of audio and video software can copy and distribute whatever they find online with little risk of prosecution or being sued.

Find yourself a fan base that's willing to support you and direct your efforts their way. You may have to give some things away in the process. That's okay.

Thanks for the feedback Greg ... good advice too. Perhaps a few full free tunes to "wet the whistle" is a good idea!

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:37 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Hey guys,
Greg said it all. I have thought about the same thing, and I came to the conclusion that if someone want to download my stuff, I should be grateful, and if someone goes through the trouble of hooking up their minidisc player to the headphone jack of their computer to record me, I should be feeling pretty darn good about myself.
That being said, its possible that not a single song of mine on myspace is available for download.
-JBA

Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:27 pm

Indeed great playing mate! But only one track is downloadable, zup wit dat? You know I'm gonna pirate that stuff. I think on myspace all trax should be downloadable, cause the fastforward thing doesn't work. So if there is any intro I'm guilty of skipping the whole track. Also I don't listen as intently when its streaming, cause I'm in computerland. Better to put em on the pod and then I really pay attention.

Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:44 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

JaphletBA wrote:
Hey guys,
Greg said it all. I have thought about the same thing, and I came to the conclusion that if someone want to download my stuff, I should be grateful, and if someone goes through the trouble of hooking up their minidisc player to the headphone jack of their computer to record me, I should be feeling pretty darn good about myself.

Not only that...if someone can always figure out a way to get your tunes, maybe you're better off making the material easily available at a quality that you're happy with?

Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:59 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hypnologist wrote:
Indeed great playing mate! But only one track is downloadable, zup wit dat? You know I'm gonna pirate that stuff. I think on myspace all trax should be downloadable, cause the fastforward thing doesn't work. So if there is any intro I'm guilty of skipping the whole track. Also I don't listen as intently when its streaming, cause I'm in computerland. Better to put em on the pod and then I really pay attention.

Hypno', is this for real? The post-MTV generation?
(I think you used far too many sentences and punctuation ;-) )

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:01 am