It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:44 pm

Possible stick seminar in Bay Area, California/Santa Cruz 

Post Possible stick seminar in Bay Area, California/Santa Cruz
Hi Everyone, Neil Bettencourt here.
I have just returned from the vancouver stick seminar with Don Schiff and Steve Adelson, and it was absolutely wonderful. I am now considering doing a seminar here in Santa Cruz California, and I want to get a "pre" head count on people interested. The seminar would feature Don Schiff, and Tom Griesgraber, and we think the dates would be Sept. 18-21. The seminar would start on
thursday night with a "teachers" performance. Group lessons on friday and saturday with
continued group and private lessons sunday. A performance on sunday night for all of those interested plus more from Don and Tom. Social events on both friday and saturday. If you haven't been to Santa Cruz, this is an opportunity to get some great stick lessons, as well
as hang out in one of the finest areas of California. Cost to be determined, but would probably be about $290 for the seminar. Lodging choices would be up to each individual, but I have some great suggestions. Please email me at drums@neilbettencourt.com if you're interested so I can determine if this is worth it. Thanks! Neil.

Wed May 28, 2008 8:52 pm

Post Re: Possible stick seminar in Bay Area, California/Santa Cruz
C'mon down everyone. Don here! and We'll have a blast, guaranteed. Surely there is a Krispy Creme's nearby and perhaps a Starbucks to boot. I'm thinkin' one of my lessons will be how to play Stick, eat donuts and juggle a hot cup of coffee on your knee - all at the same-time. "Now THAT'S valuable information. Recording sessions can be boring, however donuts never are.

The last seminar in Vancouver seemed to have launched the first "Don's Comedy School 101".... Who knew? But Neil jumped right in and delivered a delightful routine prior to his performance. C'mon, it's gonna be GREAT! Lot's of laughs, lot's of strings and most importantly the friends you make at these seminars last a life time.

I look forward to it!
Don

Wed May 28, 2008 10:21 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

DonSchiff wrote:
C'mon down everyone. Don here! and We'll have a blast, guaranteed. Surely there is a Krispy Creme's nearby and perhaps a Starbucks to boot. I'm thinkin' one of my lessons will be how to play Stick, eat donuts and juggle a hot cup of coffee on your knee - all at the same-time. "Now THAT'S valuable information. Recording sessions can be boring, however donuts never are.

The last seminar in Vancouver seemed to have launched the first "Don's Comedy School 101".... Who knew? But Neil jumped right in and delivered a delightful routine prior to his performance. C'mon, it's gonna be GREAT! Lot's of laughs, lot's of strings and most importantly the friends you make at these seminars last a life time.

I look forward to it!
Don

Wish i could Don ... how about you come to the Virginia seminar in October? (If they can pull one together)

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Wed May 28, 2008 11:04 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

DonSchiff wrote:
C'mon down everyone. Don here!

Welcome, Don! I was hoping you would join the forum some day. I enjoy your music and the great humor in your writing. I hope to enjoy both in person some day. However, it won't be at this seminar, it's too far away for me this year. Everyone who could possibly make this one really should, it sounds great!

-Eric

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Thu May 29, 2008 4:36 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Post Santa Cruz seminar date update. Now october 9-12.
Hi folks. Ok, we've got the dates narrowed down for the Santa Cruz California stick seminar. October 9th-12th. Thursday night will feature performances by Don and Tom both. Friday, Saturday group lessons, then sunday group lessons with a private lesson with the teacher of your choice. Sunday night performance that everyone who wants to can participate in. (I hope that's everyone). Please email me if you have the slightest interest in this. We're looking to start putting together a head count. Cost for the seminar will be $290.00 per person. Lodging is separate, and I will have some suggestions soon. Contact me for more info at
drums@neilbettencourt.com

Fri May 30, 2008 12:17 pm