It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:46 pm

Starless, simple arrangement with score 

Post Starless, simple arrangement with score
Hey guys!!

I want to show an arrangement I did time ago, I did a video with random footages but the most important part is that I wrote the score. 8-)

I would like to have your opinion about the notation, I did it with standard score + tab, showing strings and frets but no fingers, I think is useful and friendly for beginners. I was thinking about the five dimensions notation, but I don't know if i can do all the simbols on Finale, so I took a simpler way.

The pdf is attached on this post and also you can find it here: https://mega.nz/#!YqJnia7L!7XjzYm2VE_Hw ... xNle4lmzl4

Cheers!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by TomFromChile on Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:26 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Starless, simple arrangement with score
Tom,

I like it! Your visuals and playing is soothing. Thank you for sharing your score. That was very generous

Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:09 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I forgot to comment on your score format. I see no reason why you should go through the trouble of listing fingering on the score. Some players use a 3 finger approach, while others use 4 fingers. If you add recommended fingering, the player would likely change it, depending on their personal playing habits.

I found one possible improvement, which would be to list the chord names. For example, if you are playing an arpeggio on the bass side, list the chord, e.g., CMaj7, Gmin, etc. I'm a novice player at best, but chord notations really help me learn tunes faster.

Thanks again for the score.

Mark

Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:33 pm

Markussz wrote:
I forgot to comment on your score format. I see no reason why you should go through the trouble of listing fingering on the score. Some players use a 3 finger approach, while others use 4 fingers. If you add recommended fingering, the player would likely change it, depending on their personal playing habits.

I found one possible improvement, which would be to list the chord names. For example, if you are playing an arpeggio on the bass side, list the chord, e.g., CMaj7, Gmin, etc. I'm a novice player at best, but chord notations really help me learn tunes faster.

Thanks again for the score.

Mark

Yes, I'm agree, that's the reason I didn't add any fingering, and you're right.. adding chords is very useful, I'll do for the next one.

Thanks for your opinion!

Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:31 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

This is terrific! This is possibly my favorite piece of music of all time, and I appreciate what you've done.

Bronze Railboard #7145, Classic

Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:37 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

I think it is great, thanks for this - there is so little tab for the stick and with pretty well every person having a different tuning, it is hard to work out from videos what is going on. For someone new to the stick it is quite an isolated world as the chances of actually knowing someone with a stick are slight, and the resources and help available are very limited compared to a more traditional instrument like a guitar.

Just to tidy up though, can you change from Tunning to Tuning.

Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:38 am

bbacher wrote:
This is terrific! This is possibly my favorite piece of music of all time, and I appreciate what you've done.

Thanks a lot!!

Woodinblack wrote:
I think it is great, thanks for this - there is so little tab for the stick and with pretty well every person having a different tuning, it is hard to work out from videos what is going on. For someone new to the stick it is quite an isolated world as the chances of actually knowing someone with a stick are slight, and the resources and help available are very limited compared to a more traditional instrument like a guitar.

Just to tidy up though, can you change from Tunning to Tuning.

Ohh!! thanks for that correction!!! :o I've changed the file in the first post and the links.

I'm agree about the isolation, the good side is that now we have internet and a nice community, on the other hand that isolation also has generated many variations, different styles and approaches. Looking the half full glass :)

I hope time will create a "standard" repertoire, and new resources for people who is starting.

Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:42 am

Oooh thanks! Must learn! (Rank beginner on Stick here, this is a tall order, but my favorite tune!)

Grand Stick #1406
10 string Kevin Siebold "teflon" (non-Stick)

Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:39 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Great job...respect.

https://alainauclair.bandcamp.com/

Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:39 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Bump on this post seems apropos since King Crimson is back on the road.

Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:39 pm