It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:47 pm

TALK BABY 
Contributor
Contributor

Post TALK BABY
Happy new year! new release, here is TALK BABY
https://youtu.be/7ITidwOvURg

Hope you like it. Wanted to make this one more into a cute electric march type of thing, and Chuck (the drummer) went with my requests and made use of the marching band skills from back in the day.

more from this duo here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGwSy29-5Qk
https://youtu.be/6R8dcCTWMSc

on the technical side, most of the bass notes are plucked besides behind the drum solo.
This is a combination of 2 takes. The head out after the drum solo till the outro is where the edit is. the instrument is positioned higher than what I usually do in these videos. I was in a slump at the time and was trying different things so that playing felt different.

Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:15 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: TALK BABY
Excellent Kai. You are a very creative musician and forward thinker
Always searching for new harmonies, melodies and arrangements, you are the master of your acrobatic fingers on the aircraft carrier. Full tone and fine duo choreography

Steve Adelson-san

Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:37 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Amazing! That’s one of the best original songs I’ve heard lately. I agree with Steve, you’ve really mastered that beast

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:22 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Lee Vatip wrote:
Excellent Kai. You are a very creative musician and forward thinker
Always searching for new harmonies, melodies and arrangements, you are the master of your acrobatic fingers on the aircraft carrier. Full tone and fine duo choreography

Steve Adelson-san

That's awesome to read~ San-Q (thank you)
your encouragement has made working out my fingers easier for sure. Looking forward to the weekly Zoom hangs again. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and ideas during those sessions!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:09 am
Contributor
Contributor

Markussz wrote:
Amazing! That’s one of the best original songs I’ve heard lately. I agree with Steve, you’ve really mastered that beast

That's super cool! So happy you enjoyed the tune. THANK YOU~
I feel like I do more chop heavy tunes in general, and it was a good change to just play a tune and not solo over it.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:14 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Cool!
I'm going to be 64 in two weeks and I have back problems and deal with the Stick but THAT - I don't think I could even lift it.
I'm also a retired chef and recently bought a cast iron skillet that weighs 10 1/2 lbs. - it's bad enough empty but with food in it - the things we do for creative fulfillment!
Your Music just blows me away!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:30 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

AnDroiD wrote:
Cool!
I'm going to be 64 in two weeks and I have back problems and deal with the Stick but THAT - I don't think I could even lift it.
I'm also a retired chef and recently bought a cast iron skillet that weighs 10 1/2 lbs. - it's bad enough empty but with food in it - the things we do for creative fulfillment!
Your Music just blows me away!

Thank you for enjoying the music! I will continue to explore more for sure.

Yes, indeed the things we do! I actually also, have lower back problems that I dealt with since a young age. Probably have to plan on a lighter instrument at some point.
Hope you're back doesn't bother you too too much when you play the Stick, and you keep fulfilling the culinary arts need as well~

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:51 am