It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:05 am

Rblock phantom power voltage requirements 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Rblock phantom power voltage requirements
bachdois wrote:
Hi Rob, are you shure? Phantom power should work just as well if you're using a balanced jack. I don't know if it will power the railboard pickup cause I've never tried it (mine hasn't arrived yet) but, as in a regular balanced patch bay, phantom power passes thru it just fine.

That is true generally, but the design of the Railboard's XLR cable leads me to believe it is not true of the R Block.

Sun May 03, 2015 4:48 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Robstafarian wrote:
You have to use XLR connectors for phantom power. Might we have a Skype call, or Google+ Hangout, to discuss this properly? I could show and tell with my Railboard.

Thanks Rob, a Robstafarian show and tell sounds like fun. It might also be a good FHF episode "stick cabling and signal management" or something. It certainly triggers some Q&A in this conference, and not just from newbies like me.

Mon May 04, 2015 4:18 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

jdt wrote:
Thanks Rob, a Robstafarian show and tell sounds like fun. It might also be a good FHF episode "stick cabling and signal management" or something. It certainly triggers some Q&A in this conference, and not just from newbies like me.

I should point out that I have no way of enabling people to hear my Stick over the Internet, which is just as well at this point. :lol:

The FHF calendar is quite full for this month, but I will wait to see what Gene thinks of squeezing in a bonus session which is more free-form (that may be tricky, as I do not think I could spare enough brain power to admin the session whilst fielding questions). I should also point out that the "and signal management" part is effectively a license to discuss everything else about the Stick, so it would probably be good to narrow the focus.

Mon May 04, 2015 9:48 am
Contributor
Contributor

Been meaning to follow up on the cabling issues I was trying to figure out that Rob generously offered to show and tell to help with.

I found this link which answered many of my questions. For some reason a google search turned it up where my normal traversal of the stick.com site did not. Definitely what I was looking for.

http://www.stick.com/instruments/railboard/r_block.html

It describes the cable type and gender for Railboard equipment that comes with the stick from Stick Enterprises.

There are two included with the instrument
A 6 foot long stereo adapter, TRS to mail XLR, to plug into longer mic cable or XLR splitter cable.
A 10 inch long stereo splitter (XLR-F to dual XLR-M) Y-cable to attach to the end of a mic cable and send separate bass/melody signals to separate channels.

Regards,
Dave

Sat May 16, 2015 3:38 am