It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:32 am

While I'm waiting for my Railboard... 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post While I'm waiting for my Railboard...
As I told someone today, I've reached that age when I seem to always have one eye on that sand running out of the big hourglass, and figured I'd better get started on this adventure soon. I was initially trying to find someone locally who had a Stick that they seldom used who might be willing to rent it to me for a few months until the Railboard is ready to ship.

One thing and another, one of the folks I talked to decided to sell their "extra" Stick, and it's now living in my music room and helping me work through some of Bob Culbertson's YouTube lessons!! :D

I realized I had Greg's songbook, but had ordered his Stick Book along with the Railboard, so I just put in a separate order for that so I can continue on this path.

Onwards!!

Attachment:
1027.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rosewood #1027 Baritone Melody, StickUps
Blue Railboard #7228 Matched Reciprocal, EMG block

Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:41 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: While I'm waiting for my Railboard...
There you go, instead of typing here, you’ll be typing there. Have fun.

Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:31 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Fantastic news, Steve! My heart goes out to you for such a long wait, even from the Interlochen event. Time to catch up!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:46 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

SteveS wrote:
helping me work through some of Bob Culbertson's YouTube lessons!! :D

@SteveS Love the new baby. :)
Remember that @greg released his DVD for free access via youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4m9wN5HVW5JeqAfSWV9zGxPK3xjhrWZy

Bamboo 12 #7472 Stickup 7+5 Parallel 4ths (C#1 F#1 B1 E2 A2 G#1 C#2 F#2 B2 E3 A3 D4)
Bamboo 12 #5826 PASV4 7+5 Parallel 4ths
Graphite 10 2009 #5862 PASV4 Classic (For Sale)

Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:55 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Wonderful! And the Stick is Wonderfull-Full Of Wonder. (I'm starting to sound like Bsharp). GO!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:51 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

DavidWS wrote:

Thanks for that playlist, David. I had a few of Greg's videos bookmarked, but missed a couple. That looks to be complete.

Do you (or anyone) know if this is what was included on the optional CD that SE was selling as the companion to Greg's Stick Book Vol. 1? I'm thinking it might be, as the CD is "out of stock" at SE. Since so many other method books do so, it makes sense to offer the videos either on YouTube or privately either for online viewing or download.

Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:44 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

SteveS wrote:
DavidWS wrote:

Thanks for that playlist, David. I had a few of Greg's videos bookmarked, but missed a couple. That looks to be complete.

Do you (or anyone) know if this is what was included on the optional CD that SE was selling as the companion to Greg's Stick Book Vol. 1? I'm thinking it might be, as the CD is "out of stock" at SE. Since so many other method books do so, it makes sense to offer the videos either on YouTube or privately either for online viewing or download.

Hi Steve,

The Stick Book companion CD should be in stock. Are you sure about that? Here's the link to the item in the online store.

https://stick-enterprises-store.myshopi ... reg-howard

Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:53 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

conkbenlin wrote:
Fantastic news, Steve! My heart goes out to you for such a long wait, even from the Interlochen event. Time to catch up!

Indeed!! - Thanks, Ben.

I have to say after spending a couple of hours with this instrument last night that it seems (admittedly six months in the rear-view mirror) no more difficult to play than the Railboard that Greg let me use at Interlochen.

The 6th & 7th strings seem to be extremely high off the fretboard though. I'm going to reach out to the PO to ask about this, whether he once had them adjusted lower but had to raise them to prevent any buzz. While certainly not impossible to strike a note on the 5th (melody) string and the 6th (bass) string simultaneously, it's not easy to avoid muting the 6th string in the process. Might just be something that will take some practice.

Attachment:
Bridge View.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:06 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

greg wrote:
SteveS wrote:
The Stick Book companion CD should be in stock. Are you sure about that? Here's the link to the item in the online store.

That's weird. This is what it shows on the page for the Stick Book, but that might be a different CD. Thanks for the link, Greg! I'll ask Jeff to add it to my order.

https://stick-enterprises-store.myshopify.com/collections/instructional-dvds-books-and-cds/products/the-stick-book-volume-1-greg-howard

Attachment:
Sold Out.png

Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:18 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

SteveS wrote:
That's weird. This is what it shows on the page for the Stick Book, but that might be a different CD.

That is different. It's the DVD from which the files for the now free to view youtube playlist above was drawn.

The Stick Book double CD has a simple non-picture white/black/red cover very like that of the Stick Book itself. However I understand the problem as it's not easy to find - I was looking for it myself this afternoon & only got to it through persistence & knowing that I'd seen it before so it must be on there somewhere! ;)

Bamboo 12 #7472 Stickup 7+5 Parallel 4ths (C#1 F#1 B1 E2 A2 G#1 C#2 F#2 B2 E3 A3 D4)
Bamboo 12 #5826 PASV4 7+5 Parallel 4ths
Graphite 10 2009 #5862 PASV4 Classic (For Sale)

Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:37 pm