It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:07 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 THANK YOU BMI, ASCAP AND SESAC ( sarcasm fully intended) 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: THANK YOU BMI, ASCAP AND SESAC ( sarcasm fully intended)
I ran a commercial sound and light company for 12 years in the Milwaukee, Madison, Chicago area. I have seen this first hand. Myself and my crew were approached a few times by agents of the Ascap/bmi ( never dealt with seac)...we were offered commission on violators.

Obviously we told them to take a hike. They are nothing short of organized crime.

That being said. .for small places like you mentioned. ..the fee is normally 3 to 400 a year for each of them. I know some bands got together to help some of their favorite places to play and played for free a few times to cover the clubs costs.

It showed a real commitment of the music community to the club owners and worked real well. Maybe something you could try for that small place. Being 20 tables. ..their costs are lower as you are charged by you audience capacity.

All in all. .they are dying quickly. Nobody needs them anymore to get sales and distrubution. The internet and digital realm will be their demise.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:56 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11