It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:54 am

Liquid Nixon update 
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post Liquid Nixon update
Hey all,
Liquid Nixon's show with Stratospheerius(Joe Deninzon and Co.) on August 24 went very well. Great night of music and we played almost flawlessly. For the first time in a while we decided to pad out our songs with some improvisation, trading solos and such, nothing too out there.

Tonight I am putting the finishing touches on my tracks of our recent album and then, alas, I go in for shoulder surgery on Friday(8/30). I will be the one handed bandit for quite some time, but not getting too discouraged. Plenty of stuff to work on with the melody hand.

We don't have any thing official lined up till after the new year( due to the time off I will be needing) but if something pops up, I will let you know how reducing your Stick parts down to one hand goes.

Mike

Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:30 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Liquid Nixon update
Thanks for the update Mike. I hope you heal quick and are back in action with LiqNix before too long.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:16 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Thank you kindly, Gene. This problem came on very suddenly. If my recovery goes well, I plan to post more music here. You just never know when you wont be able to anymore.

Mike

Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:35 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

That day is far, far away friend.

Dark beer, light humor and maybe some Netflix movies (we jam econo, does everyone stare and maybe dr. Who) are my suggestions to start. Keep us posted so we can our healing Stick brethren mojo.
:D

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:41 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Thanks again, Gene. I am not sure even where to post these next thoughts. With the upcoming surgery on my left shoulder which will definitely change my approach to making music on the Stick for a few months, maybe up to a year depending on how well I chose my surgeon, I have spent every waking hour in the last few days playing this wonderfully expressive musical...to call it a tool would somehow diminish what the Stick gives back while using it...

Does anyone else feel it? Whether you are practicing or performing on it, the instrument inspires--gives breath, musical breath. And it isn't even remotely a wind instrument.

I haven't played this much all at once since the day before Y 2K was supposed to hit the western hemisphere back in...what year was that? :lol: ? Were talking 4 to 5 hours at a stretch several times per day. This must be what you professional playaz experience all the time. Kind of like the marathon runners' high I guess.

My left arm is killing me, but my ears are breathing new life back into me!
Remind me in a few months how much I loved this when I knew I would be missing it for a while!

Mike

Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:17 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Loving reading this. I DO feel the same way. And while I don't see a lot of replies here, I am certain we all ponder that time when we will no longer be able to play. I am hopeful you will be able to play with your right hand, and plenty! If ever you want to walk through Jesu, that would be a pretty rad right hand exercise.

You name the time Mike. We jam.

I'd be curious to know is Stick playing could be part of your rehab. Tap on with all digits for now. This next step is only a pitstop. After which, it will be time to burn some rubber with all fingers back on the fretboard!

Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:50 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Mike - I wish you all the best with your surgery and recovery.

I'll second what Gene suggested, make sure your surgeon and physical therapist(s) know that you play an instrument and see if it can be incorporated into your therapy.

Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:19 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Thanks again for the good wishes and advice guys.

Mike

Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:10 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

We've not formally met Mike, but I wish you the best with your surgery. I had some rotator cuff issues in the past and that kind of pain is no fun at all. Hang in man...

Kris

Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:49 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Thanks Kris.

I had my surgery this morning and so far so good. Just need to keep my shoulder immobilized for 4 or 5 weeks.

Mike

Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:05 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery