It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:02 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Show us your rig! 
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Re: Show us your rig!
I am always fine tuning. I have my current setup slimmed down to this pedal setup into an Ampeg BA115HP.

Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:36 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

This is perhaps my 4th iteration live rig, we'll see how it goes at the next Stick Night on May 18 in Fredericksburg! As mentioned in another thread I've moved from the Fishman Soloamp to a QSC KW122 for a more full range sound. I miss the EQ and reverb on the Fishman (and these tend to be global settings independent of each effects preset, tweaked according to the room and speaker setup) so I thought I'd get these in pedal form and put them after the HD500 - the Skrymon blueSky reverb is certainly better quality than a typical multi-effects reverb and it has a useful low damp knob to mix out the lower frequencies from the wet signal to keep the bass notes a bit more dry. The Empress ParaEQ is a very nice, quiet analog 3 band EQ with a volume boost as well, great for overall tone shaping.

Attachment:
IMG_2477.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rosewood Grand Stick #7025 - Mirrored 4ths 5+7
Paduak Grand Stick #5197 - Mirrored 4ths 6+6

Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:54 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Since posting the link to my rig diagram back at the beginning of this thread, I've been experimenting with some major changes. This is still very much a work in progress but I've finally gotten to a point with the available products where I am moving to a full computer-based rig. I've been using my studio computer and interface to play around with various pieces of software but I've put in an order for a new laptop and have my eye on a more portable interface. I hope to have it all put together and have the kinks worked out of it by Interlochen.

I am still using my StepAbout to preamp the Stick. From there though, it's all software and I'm even shelving my Echoplex in favor of Mobius 2.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:57 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

gpoorman wrote:
From there though, it's all software and I'm even shelving my Echoplex in favor of Mobius 2.

Let us know how you get on; I never got around to trying Mobius after I installed it several months ago, and I am still planning on getting a Pigtronix Infinity Looper.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:10 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

I've been an Echoplex user for a good 12 years now. Fantastic box and I never traded up because there were some idiosyncrasies that no other unit had and I've been know to make use of them now and again. I've been half-heartedly playing around with Mobius for a while on and off. It's pretty obvious to me that it was created by Echoplex users. It's like it does everything the EDP does down to the last detail plus tons more. Right now I'm primarily focuses on getting patches setup to do what my hardware setup did. After that I'll start exploring all the new possibilities.

The long and short is ... for an EDP user, Mobius might be the only reasonable substitute. But if you weren't an EDP user or you never really used some of the more obscure functions, another setup (like Ableton) might prove to be more straightforward. I dunno.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:11 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

gpoorman wrote:
I've been an Echoplex user for a good 12 years now. Fantastic box///
That must have been about the same time as I bought my Echoplex looper. Gave it to someone in 2008 though and since then I've been using Mobius on a laptop. Speaking about Echoplex inspired software plugin loopers there is also Echoloop that Matthias Grob develops. He is was also the developer behind the Gibson/Oberheim Echoplex Digital Pro rack box. If you are comfy with what the classic EDP hardware offers for looping his Echoloop plugin is an exact replica in functionality.
http://www.livelooping.org/tools/software/echoloop-vst/
The design concept in fact is that an EDP user should be able to just switch his rack looper for the software in a laptop and use the same MIDI pedalboard control setup by plug'n'play. Myself I prefer Mobius though, since it solves some things I didn't like with the hardware EDP and I'm also a big fan of some new functions it offers.
http://www.circularlabs.com/

Fractal Audio AxeFx-III, 2 x RCF NX-10 SMA, Apollo Twin USB

http://youtube.com/perboysen

Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:40 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Man,.....you dudes are high tech. I am curiously jeolous of your wizard- like gadgetry, but at the same time, remain fat, dumb, and happy with my lack of knowledge of such things.

:ugeek:

k

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:51 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

:lol: Right there with you, Kevin!

http://www.facebook.com/LucBergeronMusic

Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:25 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Here is my contribution. I originally wanted a complete analog signal chain, but a spring reverb is a bit pricey and has a huge footprint. The EH digital delay sounds good and has a nice price. There is a T1M dual buffer that the Stick plugs into.

Fri May 10, 2013 1:47 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Here's my setup. I have an analogue setup but rarely use it.

The original plan was to replace the axe fx ultra with the ii but its been better just to keep it an run two units, one for each side. I'm not an advanced user like per, I just use a virtual amp and cab plus the usual pedal boards for both sides but all virtual.

Attachment:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368233885.544143.jpg
Attachment:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368233906.997534.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 10, 2013 5:58 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next