It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:36 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Show us your rig! 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Show us your rig!
Here's one of my favourite rigs: Mainstage 3 software on a pimped Macbook Pro. The two first sound patches ("Clean" and "Crystal") are heard a lot on my current "Stick Street" album.

Each of the 8 sound patches activates a unique set of two parallel effect chains for the Melody and Bass side. Then there are three physical expression pedals; two to control feedback and level for two TapeDelay/Reverb loops (one for each fretboard) combined with a swell pedal function (violin-like note attack). The third expression pedal sweeps the musical rate of two sharp tremolo filters so I can for example freeze a "reverb cloud" and then move it into a groove. For one fretboard side this pedal sweeps the tremolo value range 0/128th - halfnote and for the other fretboard the same pedal sweeps 0/128th - quarter note triad. Because of this timing range discrepancy interesting poly rhythmic phenomenons occur when you use it to explore beats from frozen reverb/TapeDelay drones. (There's some more to this rig, but let's keep it neat n simple for today...)

Fractal Audio AxeFx-III, 2 x RCF NX-10 SMA, Apollo Twin USB

http://youtube.com/perboysen

Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:57 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Here's my new setup. Super loud and crispy. Overkill......

Rane SP13
Behringer EP 4000, mono bridged
Yorkville Sound YX215,YX18 Sub
POD HD500

Dont know how to post a pic, so heres a link.......hope it works..

cheers,
kev

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/photos/101506430135775681945/album/5914954055276836161/5914954055459932706?cbp=1h3xdh3utz87i&sview=20&authkey=CJbX08KLnrWhxAE&spath=/app/basic/photos/101506430135775681945/album/5914954055276836161&sparm=authkey%3DCJbX08KLnrWhxAE%26source%3Dapppromo

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:02 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

I have a couple of setups depending on venue. My normal setup is:

SP13
Alesis Quadraverb GT with LR In and LR Out routed through the LR Send/Return of the SP13
Then SP13 outs to direct box and then to board or
to Alesis RA100 amp and my own speakers

Also for portability I use a Roland MicroCube RX for Treble strings and MicroCube RX Bass for Bass, these are great little amps, use line power or 6 AA batteries each. Battery life is good, will last through multiple gigs, depending on volume and easy to haul around. Each of direct outs so can be easily routed to a board directly or through a DI.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:17 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

robmartino wrote:
This is perhaps my 4th iteration live rig, we'll see how it goes at the next Stick Night on May 18 in Fredericksburg! As mentioned in another thread I've moved from the Fishman Soloamp to a QSC KW122 for a more full range sound. I miss the EQ and reverb on the Fishman (and these tend to be global settings independent of each effects preset, tweaked according to the room and speaker setup) so I thought I'd get these in pedal form and put them after the HD500 - the Skrymon blueSky reverb is certainly better quality than a typical multi-effects reverb and it has a useful low damp knob to mix out the lower frequencies from the wet signal to keep the bass notes a bit more dry. The Empress ParaEQ is a very nice, quiet analog 3 band EQ with a volume boost as well, great for overall tone shaping.

Attachment:
IMG_2477.jpg

Rob -

How has this rig worked out for you? Do you find you get a fuller sound with the QSC?

Randy

Rosewood Alto #5764

Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:07 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

carvingcode wrote:
How has this rig worked out for you? Do you find you get a fuller sound with the QSC?

Hi Randy,

There is a change from that last setup, instead of the Empress ParaEQ I'm now using a StepABout for EQ/tone control, which I like quite a bit.

The QSC speakers are working out really well - I use the KW122 for larger rooms and a K10 for a wedge monitor when the venue already has a PA system (it's a lot lighter than the KW122 and I don't need the extended bass since I'll get that from the room). My last gig in Baltimore, with the K10 in front of my pedals and angled up at me, was probably the best I've ever heard myself at a gig (I'm more used to speakers being behind me), and a library gig before that in which I just used the KW122 behind and to one side of me, was also a success. When I've done Stick nights with Greg there is also the added luxury of plugging into his system as well as mine, he has that nice 15" BagEnd cabinet. :)

I do like the full range, open sound of these speakers a lot - compared to the Fishman SoloAmp it is going to have an inherently fuller sound just because of the extended bass range (the SoloAmp starts to roll off below 100 Hz). I also tried a Line6 StageSource L2T before the QSC, it had a nice punchy sound but not as "open" as the QSC and it had some issues with cabinet rattle at a couple frequencies. For practice here at home I set up the KW122 on a stand and the K10 as a floor monitor, both together provide a really nice pseudo-stereo sound.

Rosewood Grand Stick #7025 - Mirrored 4ths 5+7
Paduak Grand Stick #5197 - Mirrored 4ths 6+6

Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:27 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Thanks, Rob. I'm looking for a more portable rig, so this one caught my eye.

Is the outboard reverb unit necessary if using the HD500?

Rosewood Alto #5764

Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:47 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

carvingcode wrote:
Thanks, Rob. I'm looking for a more portable rig, so this one caught my eye.

Is the outboard reverb unit necessary if using the HD500?

I don't love the sound of the reverbs on the HD500 (the Strymon is an upgrade in that category) and using an outboard reverb frees up DSP blocks that can be used for other things, but otherwise you could certainly use the ones that come with the HD500.

Rosewood Grand Stick #7025 - Mirrored 4ths 5+7
Paduak Grand Stick #5197 - Mirrored 4ths 6+6

Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:13 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Carvin AD100D
I just ordered a Carvin AD100D. It's a 100 watt acoustic amp with 3 channels and effects.

It should be fine for my early Stick explorations and needs. Will post a review on it later.

Randy

Rosewood Alto #5764

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:14 am
Contributor
Contributor

Here's my current rig. Axe fx 2, atomic CLR full range cab and mfc footpedal and boss expression pedals. Warr phalanx 12. The stick is currently out of commission due to no appropriate strings.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:00 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

How's the CLR for Stick? Is the bass response well balanced? Enough "hi fi" vibe for the full range Stick tone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fractal Audio AxeFx-III, 2 x RCF NX-10 SMA, Apollo Twin USB

http://youtube.com/perboysen

Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:48 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next