It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:31 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Show us your rig! 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Show us your rig!
After struggling with a mountain of spaghetti for far too long, I decided to make a pedal board for my effects. Done with spaghetti.

A/B box switching between: A) Boss GT8 multi fx and Boss RC50 loop station and
B) Strymon Timeline (sonic mutilation kit and looper)

It's heavy as hell, nothing I can do.

My first try, so I'm proud. I'll definitely do it differently next time. Anyone else tried doing this?

Kev

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Show us your rig!
I think there is a real art to pedal boards. I haven't the foggiest idea how to deal with this stuff (i use reverb and midi only)

It fascinates me though Kev.

Brett

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:45 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Me too, Brett. Finishing this one has me lusting after more pedals and another board.

Bad case of GAS.

K

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:05 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

My web page for this is just a bit dated.

http://www.121normal.com/technical/rig/

Currently my rig is very similar to the page above except that I've gotten rid of the SWR head and cabinets and replaced them with a single QSC powered speaker.

I wrote an article a few years back also that details a good chunk of what you need to know to control a bunch of effects units via MIDI.

http://www.121normal.com/resources/articles/midicontrol/

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:41 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Whoa. That is a serious doc you got there Glenn, well done. I used to have a full grid controller, but it was destroyed in a fire. My dreams of MIDI kind of faded after that, maybe it's not too late to look into that again?! Apparently, you have the topic pretty well covered here!

I will post a pic of the board in a few moments.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:06 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

back when I had a Stick (sigh) - this was my rig...really clean and clear. Loved that Rane SP-13...

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:41 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

K-Rex, Looks good. Upload what it sounds like. I don't play outside, but I have a ME-70 thru a Berhinger Ultracoustic 900 amp and it sounds good with my 12 string MR Dark Bamboo. I'm trying to get my 7th cords together. I'll get them down some day. Lazy left hand for backup on bass side.

Last edited by Harpo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:55 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Here is mach 1 of the rig, which has grown since the sale of Paduak #130. It's all tucked in nice in a NYC Pedalboard 24"x15"x6.5". Powered with a Voodoo Labs Power 2 unit tucked under the riser.

DB Instruments M440SE Volume pedal, Boss Volume pedal (soon to be replaced by a second DB Instruments Volume Pedal) to start. Then, Keeley 4-knob compressor, Strymor leslie, Voodoo Labs Tremolo, Hardwire Reverb and shitbox Boss DS-1.

Right Hand
DB Volume pedal
CHANNEL 1- Compressor->Leslie->Tremolo
CHANNEL 2 - Overdrive->Reverb->Looper

Left Hand
DB Volume Pedal
CHANNEL 3 - Straight to amp
CHANNEL 4 - Reverb->Looper

The Looper and the reverb are true stereo, so I fade in reverb or Loops with either hand using the DB Volume pedals. The M440SE is a freekin revolution, like a Patch of shades with volume control.

I'll be swapping out the DS-1 for a Mooer Green Mile Overdrive and adding a Pigtronix Infinity Looper and a Mooer Reecho echo pedal as the RE-20 Space Echo was way more than I needed. Curious to see how these micro pedals perform. Brilliant idea doing away with th battery compartment, seriously, who uses batteries?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:13 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Holy crap! That DB 440 is insane! It's next on my list.

Ugh. Why did I have to start this thread?? Damn you, Gene.

k

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:04 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Harpo,

Will definitely endeavor to upload some sounds, might be a while, but I'll post it here when I can.

Kev

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:07 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next