It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:28 pm

NS Stick for sale Bamboo/Ash 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post NS Stick for sale Bamboo/Ash
I recently aquired this NS... It was sent to Emmett for set up, strings and a general going over. She is in excellent condition and plays like butter. Why am I selling her? As a bassist for a long time, I just can not get used to the feel of the instrument. bassically. I like to "dig in" when playing bass. As I have two Sticks already, I would rather keep my energy in that direction. Asking 2000.00 firm as well. THanks for your time

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:55 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: NS Stick for sale Bamboo/Ash
other photos

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:56 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Man thank you for your opinion. I have basses, and I have Sticks, and I have wondered about the NS Stick. You know, with basses I have a 4 string, a fretless, an 8 string fretless, a Danelectro Longhorn, and an acoustic (not upright). A couple of guitars w/ Joni tunings. I play the 12-string DBR EVERY DAY. Can't say the same for the rest of the bunch, don't think I need more strings in the house. But to hear from a bassist about the NS Stick settles a question that lingered...

Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:07 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

@AnDroid- you are most welcome... I REALLY wanted to like this instrument and have it work, however the feel and frankly the tone was not there to my ear as well. That is just a personal preference. Having played primarily Jazz basses for 50 years, I like that sound... Blessings, and stay safe!

Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:19 am
Contributor
Contributor

I think the combination of maple and EMG pick ups is not that great.
Emg´s are very high fi pick ups, also on bass, you´ll never get a old fashion fat sound, specially if you are use to Jazz basses.
In my opinion those NS should have the option of choosing other pick ups on the market such as Nordstrand, Delano, Aguilar even Bartolinis

Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:08 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Since 1988, my favorite bass model has been the Jazz Bass. I've had a lot of them with all kinds of electronics.
I have a fake ACT-2 on my Grand (with 3 FT EMG), too. It sounds great with high strings, but I have reservations about how it sounds on the lowest strings. So when I was buying the NS Stick I didn't expect much from it, and ....OMG .... these EMGs with EMG preamp are ripping off my ass. With a NS Stick help, I love playing bass again.

However, I perfectly understand what rclere writes about the "dig in" effect. My fingerstyle of bass playing has always been too soft/polite. The NS STick naturally corrects this. In the opposite direction there may be a problem.

Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:43 am
Profile My Photo Gallery