It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:32 am

SOLD Selling Stick #1642 - $1000 USD SOLD 

Post SOLD Selling Stick #1642 - $1000 USD SOLD
Hi there, I'm selling my Stick that I've had for about 15 years. Not sure when it was built. Needs a bit of a tune up hence the reduced price but everything works right now as it is.

It is located on Salt Spring Island in British Columbia, coincidentally extremely close to the upcoming Stick camp in neighboring Gabriola island :)

Comes with hard case (needs some foam replaced).

1000 USD (1400 CAD) + shipping (to be determined)

Alex

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by alexlambermont on Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 14, 2020 9:42 am
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post Re: Selling Stick #1642 - $1000 USD
I’m so tempted but I know someone will gobble this up

Maple SG12 #6914 Classic Tuning
Website robgellner.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChuob7 ... bmRsfgswJQ

Thu May 14, 2020 1:00 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

It's so perfect for someone thinking about getting their first Stick, and would take nothing to put back in it's standard Classic tuning.... just a new set of strings really, and perhaps some minor tweeks hear and there, I agree... I thought about it too, but I already have two beautiful Ironwoods that I love so much.

Hopefully this instrument finds the right home and provides it's new owner with a lifetime of learning, inspiration and music....

I'm sure the folks at S.E. could get this baby good to go in it's original configuration for a very very fair price.

Ironwood #285, Classic [flatwounds]
Ironwood #1855, Classic [roundwounds]

SB-8 Padauk #1788, Classic CGDA, Electric Bass EADG
RB-8 Drk Blue w/Black Headstock # 6739, Crafty Tuning

NS Stick Transparent Green w/Moses neck #90120, 8-string Guitar Intervals

Last edited by Big George Waters on Fri May 15, 2020 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 14, 2020 10:30 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Anyone on the fence, the old ones are beautiful instruments and WHATEVER Emmett needs to do to it, let him. With the asking price & a tune-up (provided you're in the US) this is a deal. What Emmett needed to do with my Ironwood was NECESSARY after years of neglect and Classic Tuning is Classic. And Cool. Of course I also have a 12-string bamboo tuned DBR that I ordered w/ MIDI (since removed) but THAT one cost me four grand. Not something I would have dropped on a first instrument.

Fri May 15, 2020 7:33 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Big George Waters wrote:
It's so perfect for someone thinking about getting their first Stick, and would take nothing to put back in it's standard Classic tuning.... just a new set of strings really, and perhaps some minor tweeks hear and there, I agree...
I'm not so sure, George...can the tuning be changed with those permanent bridge screws?

Bamboo Grand #7363 MR ACTV2, Tarara Grand #5677 MR PASV4
Tap In Time Podcast: tapintime.podbean.com/

Fri May 15, 2020 7:39 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Gusset wrote:
Big George Waters wrote:
It's so perfect for someone thinking about getting their first Stick, and would take nothing to put back in it's standard Classic tuning.... just a new set of strings really, and perhaps some minor tweeks hear and there, I agree...
I'm not so sure, George...can the tuning be changed with those permanent bridge screws?

It's supposed to be in Classic tuning, not whatever tuning it's currently set up for.

The location of the fixed bridge screws is designed for Classic tuning.

This would be the original Stick tuning which made the Stick such a magical instrument in the first place, I mean... what would be the point to tune an Ironwood in some other kind of tuning besides the Classic 5ths/4ths which my own opinion is the best tuning of them all ??

I should buy it just to prove that point......... but I'll be nice and give some one else the opportunity as this baby is a real steal at that price...... !!

Ironwood #285, Classic [flatwounds]
Ironwood #1855, Classic [roundwounds]

SB-8 Padauk #1788, Classic CGDA, Electric Bass EADG
RB-8 Drk Blue w/Black Headstock # 6739, Crafty Tuning

NS Stick Transparent Green w/Moses neck #90120, 8-string Guitar Intervals

Fri May 15, 2020 8:15 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Big George Waters wrote:
It's supposed to be in Classic tuning, not whatever tuning it's currently set up for.
Oh, I guess I was going under the assumption that it came from SE custom built for the non-standard string progression it currently has. Closer look at the bridge screw locations verifies that as an incorrect assumption. Thanks for setting me straight.

That makes it more palatable for a potential buyer...it can be put back to a standard Stick string layout, without having to deal with the intonation issues that the current setup might be leading to.

Bamboo Grand #7363 MR ACTV2, Tarara Grand #5677 MR PASV4
Tap In Time Podcast: tapintime.podbean.com/

Fri May 15, 2020 8:36 am

Hello. Do you have a photo of the back of the Stick? Does it have a truss rod?

Fri May 15, 2020 10:00 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Alien Jack, hope you get a reply, but Emmett retro-fitted mine w/ a truss. I also had extensive fret-work done, a new Stickup (old one shorted out 'cause of dampness) and brass screw replacements @ nut and bridge. Total cost for all work in '08 - $750 US

Fri May 15, 2020 10:46 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Hi Stick people,

Regarding the strings, that was a temporary experiment to put the stick in all 4ths tuning because I never really liked the standard tuning, I had rearranged the screws but have since put everything back to normal (Standard Tuning).

And as far as I'm aware there is no truss rod.

By the way my email is alex.lambermont@gmail.com and my phone number is 647 504 0826

Sat May 16, 2020 3:46 pm