Kevin Keith
Jibilian/Setar (Gary Jibilian)
Agent 22 (Tom Griesgraber)
Ocean in Space (Ben Weber)
Emmett Chapman
Bob Culbertson
Steve Adelson
and Hettory

Recorded at three recent Los Angeles area Stick Night concerts, this DVD presents a wide variety of styles and genres, everything from progressive rock, traditional and contemporary jazz, free improvisation, and blues, to classical music.

Produced and Directed by Dan Chapman.

The Stick Night Live DVD is packaged as a double DVD set with a newly re-mastered version of the Stick Night '99 video, now available for the first time on DVD.

Stick Night '99 features performances from:

Don Schiff
Larry Tuttle
Third Door Down (Casey Arrillaga)
Steve Adelson
Greg Howard
Bob Culbertson
Emmett Chapman
and Jim Lampi

and was recorded in 1999 at the La Ve Lee night Club in Studio City, California.

The double DVD set should be available from Stick Enterprises by the 16th of December, just in time for the truly last-minute shopper. Price is only $25 for over three hours of live Stick magic.

The two DVDs will also available separately, $18 for Stick Night Live and $15 for Stick Night '99.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:20 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: New DVD: Stick Night Live
Cool!

I gave my Stick Night tape away.
I haven't owned a VCR for years.

Look forward to the more recent performances too.

Thanks SE!

Lee

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:59 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

AHHHH! I am so so incredibly honored to be a part of this. These Stick nights were some of the most magical and memorable times of my life. Everybody who I look up to was playing, including Emmett the grand wizard. This was a huge dream come true for me!

When I first wanted to buy a Stick, I ordered Sticknight 99. It convinced me that it was THE instrument for me. NEVER would have thought I would be playing on Sticknight 2009! Totally magical how life can turn out ya know. Never would I have thought that I would hang out with Emmett and talk music theory and philosophy. I cherished every moment and learned so much.

There are alot of different styles of players, so I think its safe to say there is something for everyone too.

Thanks to Greg for the sound mixing and Dan for the film work. I'm sure it took alot of time and effort. You guys rule!

Can you tell I'm exited!!!!!

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:42 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Quote:
AHHHH! I am so so incredibly honored to be a part of this. These Stick nights were some of the most magical and memorable times of my life. Everybody who I look up to was playing, including Emmett the grand wizard. This was a huge dream come true for me!

When I first wanted to buy a Stick, I ordered Sticknight 99. It convinced me that it was THE instrument for me. NEVER would have thought I would be playing on Sticknight 2009! Totally magical how life can turn out ya know. Never would I have thought that I would hang out with Emmett and talk music theory and philosophy. I cherished every moment and learned so much.

There are alot of different styles of players, so I think its safe to say there is something for everyone too.

Thanks to Greg for the sound mixing and Dan for the film work. I'm sure it took alot of time and effort. You guys rule!

Can you tell I'm exited!!!!!

Dude, you deserve it, you are a unique voice on a unique instrument!

Frankly I would shitting my pants! :oops:

I think I know what I'll be asking santa for!

10 String BM Tarara Stick #5334
Bergen Norway

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:01 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Awesome! Can't wait for that.

Who's the lucky owner of 6007? :-)

Dan

#6054 Bamboo SG12, ACTV-2, mirrored 4ths piano
#5518 Rosewood 10 String Grand, PASV4, MR

Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:52 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Thanks steve, Im not worthy, Im not worthy (waynes world quote haha). At those concerts I was basically in a prolonged anxiety attack, sweating my face off and hands all shaking. I mean when your hero's are watching you play it induces heart attack like symptoms for me! Yet somehow once I got going it was insanely fun. I would say at times it was like a partial out of body type thing, after I got all my loops and gear to work that is. I just hope I don't look like im dying in the video haha!

I am SO grateful that I had this opportunity, truly a dream come true

I think that this DVD will inspire any player, and show what a broad range the Stick has.

Steve, we gotta get together sometime. Are you coming home for xmas? You still got my phone number? Call me anytime bro.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:05 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

As much as I love the Stick I haven't picked mine up in almost 2 years. Maybe this DVD will inspire me to get off my butt and get back into the Stick? Stick night 99 (VHS) blew my mind. I'm buying this set for sure!

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:23 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Great graphic design on the cover, Greg. Who's the talented artist?

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:47 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Quote:
As much as I love the Stick I haven't picked mine up in almost 2 years. Maybe this DVD will inspire me to get off my butt and get back into the Stick? Stick night 99 (VHS) blew my mind. I'm buying this set for sure!

:shock:

10 String BM Tarara Stick #5334
Bergen Norway

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:48 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

giedosst wrote:
Quote:

:shock:

Yep sorry to say it's true. Well more like a year and a half. After doing my 1st solo set on Stick I got involved in recording then got back into gigging as a bass player/keyboard player and for some reason kind of lost my spark. (Not to mention time constraints) I still own my Stick so haven't fully given up, apparently I'm waiting for the muse to hit me again. This DVD could by the muse?!

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:11 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery